Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Your Stories Requested

Jul 31, 2009 1:02 PM
Your Stories Requested
by makestraight

It appears that there are many readers, but probably a good number of you don’t comment [which is fine with me, I understand]. I do appreciate the comments so far. Many of them are good, and fair.

I can only guess that some of you are current members of Gracepoint Fellowship Church, and that others of you are ex-Gracepointers who hesitate to comment because you’re afraid of being “found out” because of the details in your stories. You may be afraid that may be you’re the only one with that story, and then incur the judgment of all of your former Gracepoint friends [if you keep in touch with any].


Anyhow, I’m requesting that those of you that left GFC email me your stories if you feel up to it. I will go through them, change any minor, insignificant details, and then post them together with others’ submissions at once. I have a feeling that some of you who left didn’t leave because of one traumatic event, but all the small things about which you felt “hm… something’s not right here” accumulated and you left.

The reason I ask for your stories is because in order to build up evidence, true testimonies are the best.

I also want current Gracepoint members to understand and learn from your experience. Maybe there are some there who currently feel the same way as you leavers, but don’t have the courage enough to leave. It takes outside perspective to help, especially considering that at Gracepoint, members manage to convince themselves that their issues are very “petty” [as the leaders will always tell them].

You can email me with an anonymous email address or even if you don’t, you have my word, that I will not reveal any of your identities.

I know it takes courage – so maybe you can pray about it.

You can email me at make.straight (note the period) at yahoo.com

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and nice.