Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Healthy Marriages, Healthy Society

Jan 14, 2010 9:56 AM
Healthy Marriages, Healthy Society
by makestraight

I subscribe to Chuck Colson’s Breakpoint articles [did so since my Gracepoint days]. Today’s article was particularly interesting, since it talks about marriage. Here’s a passage from it:

If we cannot strengthen and heal marriages in our own congregations, we have nothing to offer our society, which so desperately needs a renewed and vital understanding of the benefits and blessings of healthy marriages.

It’s called ” Healthy Marriages, Healthy Society“. I highly recommend reading the whole article.

When I was at Gracepoint, one thing I could not help but notice was the lack of good, biblical, model marriages. Among the directors, at best, I would see what was more similar to “business partnerships” and often I would see couples that just didn’t get along and were very stressed.

I don’t think I’d be wrong to attribute a large part of that that to the busy-ness of ministry required at Gracepoint, and the lack of time spent together, considering they only allow once-a-week-family-night.

The culture there is that Gracepoint ministry should come before marriage, and that “too much” time together would be idolatrous. If you asked the Kangs directly, I’m sure they would deny it, but the culture there is very clearly established that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and nice.