Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gracepoint and the Silicon Valley Church?

Jul 24, 2009 6:58 PM
Gracepoint and the Silicon Valley Church?
by makestraight

This is a question for you readers, because I don’t know.

It dawned on me just recently how odd it is that after Pastor Ed and Pastor Chris together teamed up to split up from the Berkland church, that they don’t seem to do anything together as churches.

Maybe I’m merely reading into this, but I noticed that in their websites, they don’t mention any activities of doing anything together as churches. [or maybe I just missed it]

Considering they are not too far away from each other [1.5 hours?], I think it’s weird that they don’t do things together.

Does anyone know what their current relationship is, between Gracepoint and Pastor Chris’ church?

Do they stand together? Or are they functioning completely separately? Do they have any disagreements with each other?

Does anyone have any insight?

1 comment:

  1. They are pretty much separate entities. The only recent visible interaction was an ordination service recently in Berkeley, where one of the men ordained was leaving to go head the Korean department at the Silicon Valley church. Chris was in Berkeley for this service, and I'm told several Silicon Valley members were in the audience. That said, I have no idea how much Ed and Chris talk to each other, and have no idea how to characterize their relationship. I was only told that they're close friends from college.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and nice.