Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Updated the Post on Ed and Kelly’s Presence on the Web

Aug 6, 2009 4:45 PM
Updated the Post on Ed and Kelly’s Presence on the Web
by makestraight

I thought you guys would find this really amusing, almost borderline comical that someone would create a profile for Kelly Kang like this.

I find these measures to be too extreme.

Instead of doing all these other things to not repent, how about repenting?

Again, I vow to take down my site once I hear news about genuine repentance first, and then change. Again, I believe Ed and Kelly either need to step down completely and go on a sabbatical, or invite at least 2 OUTSIDE pastors into Gracepoint, who have the same amount of authority over the church. Additionally, they should confess their sins specifically and seek reconciliation and forgiveness with those they’ve hurt. They can just post on their blogs as such.

Hamcycle has already taken down his site [albeit for other reasons].

1vois, OlderNWiser, would you also agree to this for your own site? To take it down if there’s news of genuine repentance and change at Gracepoint? I think it would be a good invitation for them to repent and stop jumping through hoops in flooding the web.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious if "1vois", "OlderNWiser" and "makestraight" agreed to makestraight's question at the end of this post, heard of change in Gracepoint and therefore stopped blogging or if they've decided to move on, that they have said enough or something else. This church is still growing and people who leave need help in their healing. Although these blogs (by makestraight and OldernWiser) have helped me and I'm sure will help others, from my experience I can tell that GP Austin is different, at least to some degree, from Gracepoint was at the split from Berkland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they stopped for other reasons, not because there were changes in Gracepoint. I'm not sure exactly why they stopped.

      Delete

Please be respectful and nice.