Sunday, April 18, 2021

Reflections

There's been a lot of activity on reddit and a "response video" from Ed Kang. It's too much content for me to follow closely but I appreciate everyone coming out with their stories of spiritual abuse (and other kinds of abuse) from Gracepoint. I know the courage it takes to speak out against a powerful system. Ed and other Gracepoint staff might scoff at this idea but from my perspective, Gracepoint is, and has been for a long time, a part of the Christian Industrial Complex. The CIC commodifies peoples lives for the purpose of perpetuating itself. All means are justified by the ends of "saving souls from hell."

I hear that Gracepoint is planting 27 new churches. Gracepoint, what if you stopped planting churches for a while? What if you sit still for a few years and let people rest? What if you stopped controlling people into moving to whatever the hell new city you decide to target. Consider it a year of jubilee if you need a biblical reason. Just stop. I wonder how many staff feel a huge weight lifted off your shoulders just to consider this a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and nice.