Friday, May 6, 2016

Do you need help?

There have been several people asking for help in the comments. If you read through the posts and associated comments, you will find many emails of people offering to help. Please contact those people. I hate to be suspicious but typically, I never get a response when I reach out to those who need help and I'm left to wonder if someone is trying to find out who I am in real life.


This is not to discourage those of you who need to talk to someone. Please continue to reach out and get the help you need. Talk to peers who've left. Talk to leaders who've left. You need support in making any drastic life change and leaving Gracepoint at Berkeley, Davis, Hsinchu, Austin, Riverside, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Irvine, Santa Barbara, or Seattle is a drastic life change if you were a "core member."




8 comments:

  1. I'm currently a Sophomore at one of the churches and have considered leaving recently. Is it true that the later you leave the harder it is to do so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John,
    Thank you for maintaining this blog through the years to support those who have left Gracepoint and us know that we're not alone. Would you be interested in creating an online forum for ex-Gracepoint members on reddit? I've come across many subreddits that were created as an online support community for ex-cultists and they've proven to be really helpful to help those who are trying to recover from cults. Anyway, just wanted to suggest maybe having a forum reddit for ex-Gracepoint people to freely share their experiences and support each other in our walk with God post-Gracepoint would be a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not on reddit but I encourage you to do so.

      Delete
  3. Hi John, thank you for your blog. Can you suggest of a way to get a hold of any ex-members in Riverside, who might be willing to meet with a current member?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There may be some Yelp reviewers who went to Riverside. (There are lots of hidden reviews.) I will also post a call out on this blog. If you can put your contact info as the first comment on the post, people will be able to get in touch with you if they are willing.

      Delete
    2. Hi John, I was the commenter who asked to get in touch with former members around Riverside, and thanks to you, was able to get in touch with a couple of former members and am starting to understand things more clearly. Unfortunately, neither of them are still in the area. Would you mind updating that post to ask "Are you a former member who currently resides in or near Riverside?" Thank you for everything you are doing here. I think you are helping a lot of people begin to see through the fog of deception.

      Delete
    3. hi amd,

      I am trying to look for people around GP berkeley to help my sister get out of the church. My email is liclaire193@gmail.com. If you would be willing to share some advice or how former members were able to help you understand things more clearly. My sister's been at gp for 6 years now and my family and I and incredibly worried as she is distancing herself from us and getting "advice" from her leader for literally every aspect of her personal life.

      Delete

Please be respectful and nice.